Sunday, March 5, 2017
Reading Resources for English Language Learners
Ideas for English Language Learners that include resources with multiple levels of text complexity, added images/videos...
NY Times Finding Reliable Sources in a World of Fake News
• Multiple Levels of text complexity News in Levels and the Smithsonian’s Tween Tribune
• Learning English from the Voice of America has text and videos about current events
• Youngzine and the Newsround from the BBC both provide regularly updated news articles designed to be specifically more accessible to young readers.
• Newser has short news summaries and a more visual format
• Picture Prompt each piece uses an image, summarizes it quickly, and poses questions about the original story.
• For the Teachers Leveled Articles